28 June 2007

Big Sky Country



Today we moved dozens of big cardboard boxes, the contents of which span 10 years of archive and about 8 companies... don't ask why, it's a long story. Anyways, those boxes had to be carried from the second floor of building A to the first floor of building B, again, don't ask why, it's still a long story. When we finally had crashed in front of the office and sitting in the rare sunlight - I mean even though it is June,the weather seems to think it's November or something - a friend of my boss arrived and a very strange conversation started that left me wondering.
Boss: "Hey, I heard you got a great interim job?"
FoB (friend of boss): "Yeah, I am working for *some company* and if I play this right I will be introduced to *some network group* which will get me lots of other projects!"
Boss: "But you do make money with this one right??"
FoB: "Yeah, yeah, although not much... its a bit of an investment... only 180 euros an hour..."

This happened while I was gazing at beautiful white clouds sailing by through the blue sky. And I realized how much more I love big blue skies with clouds than *only* 180 euros an hour. I mean at 180 euros an hour you make about three times my monthly salary in a week. Still I couldn't be bothered less... which is really something nobody at the office will ever understand. Instead of making a ton of money, which I probably could if I wanted to, I'd rather be free and watch clouds and make enough money to live.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

180 euro's an hour? Wow, I mean I didn't know you could earn that much without breaking the law. ;)

28 June, 2007 19:53  
Blogger TheFabulousJourney said...

Hahahaha :)

I'll email you people soon, I'd like to come and see your house :)

29 June, 2007 21:53  
Blogger Jordan McClements said...

I love blue skies / clouds too!

(I am glad you liked my image of this. Thanks for using it).

Good luck.

20 November, 2007 10:14  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home