28 May 2007

New pictures at my deviantart account!



I *finally* uploaded some Rome pictures to my deviantart account. You can watch them here and click 'gallery'. :)

I also finished another paper today; one of the most complex I wrote so far. Its about revelation and enlightenment in 12th century scientific reasoning in Islam and Europe. I basically attack the modern western idea that Islam never went through a 15th century renaissance and enlightenment. This thought is fundamentally flawed because as early as the 9th century Islam has had its humanist philosophers. Without them Europe itself would probably not have known humanism.

I'll make a pdf-version available soon but I'd like it to be graded by my professor first. It is in dutch though but I am thinking of making an english translation this summer to sharpen my skills.

3 Comments:

Blogger E.V said...

"Without them Europe itself would probably not have known humanism."
I loved this sentence! No Orientalist thought, perfect :)Westerners began to think Edward Said lately :P

28 May, 2007 23:22  
Blogger TheFabulousJourney said...

I think you'd appreciate the general idea of the paper :)

Beware though that I am not a big fan of Edward Said either. He is too biased in the opposite direction. If he accuses the west of orientalism he is probably the biggest occidentalist himself!

29 May, 2007 09:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

11 November, 2008 17:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home