26 November 2008

D -1 and counting

Yesterday I told all about the Big Plan of the Three Pillars. What I didnt mention however is the Other Plan.

The Other Plan involves my beloved C. and helping her settle into a life in the cold and wet and damp and... you start to wonder why she wants to come up here to begin with.

Anyways the Other Plan will kick off at the same time as the Big Plan. Now don't think that because the Other Plan is called the Other Plan it is not a BIG Plan. It is. Significantly big. But stuff needs to have a name. The Other Plan starts next friday with me flying down into Milan Malpensa and driving to Turin. Next week I will be working (some) from my beloved C's appartment and be in charge of the Great Packing. Great Packing basically means putting lots of stuff in boxes. I can do that. I am a pretty good box-packer. There is going to be some kind of office party for beloved C. that week and I am supposed to be there as well. People know I love office parties... especially those where I have to face a lot of angry people blaming me for taking the beloved C. away to NL. I am specifically refering to some big Fiat bosses.
Well if the Great Packing is done and we survived the Office Party. We will visit an antique market in the piedmontese hills on sunday December 7th. Then, planning, weather and packing permitting we will drive up north in the Little Blue Bullet with the Cat and some small essentials.
On the 23rd of December Beloved C. leaves the Cat with me in NL (we are going to have so much fun) and flies back to Italy. I follow on December 26th. On December 27th a Truck of the Expedition arrives which will be filled with boxes and furniture from the Great Packing. It will drive directly to Leiden while we run off to Milan and fly back again. The Truck of the Expedition will arrive in Leiden on the 28th where we will unload it. Friends beware... we are going to need some help there :)

And then...
And then...

The Other Plan is done.
Beloved C. starts a crashcourse Dutch at Leiden Uni on January 5th.
Sometime end of January we will visit my parents in Switzerland and I'll do some skiing.

And beyond that.
We will just wait and see.

And as my Beloved C. pointed out at D -2 and counting. The Fabulous Journey is allready in full swing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

Excellent recap my darling!
Only... the Great Unloading will take place on the 30th :)

26 November, 2008 14:10  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home