20 November 2008

Missed call in life

I missed my call in life. I just got the results for my first exam in classical philosophy. I scored 95 out of 100.

I think I may celebrate that.

:celebrates:

So that's them all down from Thales of Milete to Plato. Next stop Aristotle till the neoplatonists.

But philosophers are weird. They let the classical period stop around the time of Plotinus. The official reason being that after the first half of the third century Greek is replaced by Latin. But I smell fake arguments here :)

I think that the real reason behind it all is the fact that us medievalists really really really want to claim Augustine of Hippo and Boethius. So I guess we just have to invent the 3rd and 4th centuries as 'the very early middle ages'.

All in favour raise your hand.

:raises my hand:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Augustine! Mr. 'Lord give me chastity.. but not just yet!"

20 November, 2008 18:33  
Blogger TheFabulousJourney said...

Hehehehehe :)

25 November, 2008 11:36  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home