06 July 2006

Nikon D50


Woot! I bought a new camera :)

It's a DSLR with a digital 15-50mm Nikkor zoom lens (28-80mm at 35mm film) and a 45-200mm Nikkor lens (70-300mm at 35mm film). I am still getting used to the controls but suffice to say that I am a *very* happy bunny. Especially the Nikon autofocus is amazing. I am used to the horrible autofocus of my old Sigma SA500 which simply sucked. I nearly always had to manual focus my pictures. At least I got pretty good at that, learning the hard way.

I am looking into replacing my filters. Of course the Nikkor's have a different lens radial than my old Sigma. So I need two new UV and polarisation filters. I am also looking into getting 81A, 81EF and some macro filters. Besides these I'll eventually want an attachment for right-angle viewing, a secondary battery pack and a powercord.

Enough to wish for! But so far I am just going to enjoy this new camera and getting used to live film switching (yay!) and making as many pictures as I like on my 1Gb SD card! Look forward to picture posts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home